Data conversion is a method of interpreting data from one setup to another while maintaining its usability. The Data Conversion method includes the extraction of data from a valid reference, such as a database, record, or web portal, by transforming it and storing it to the imperative objective.
In short, Data Conversion means converting the source of data of one format to another. Depending on the complexity of the data, the complexity of the process is involved, and so do resource management. Sometimes, this job is quite tedious because the data conversion process is not the same for every source we receive. We might have to split and merge the data from certain fields based on the requirement.
Having said that, the success of the project entirely depends on the accurate data extraction from the source, which includes the following aspects:
- Data Conversion into a destination-compatible format correctly.
- It minimal loss of data from the source.
- The process must maintain quality, readability and must be of zero errors.
- It must be compatible with all the systems which are using this data.
The Advantages of Data Conversion:
As the awareness of the complexity of conversion, one must understand that it has the potential to increase business opportunities. So, below are few advantages that can be useful if you are looking for conversion:
- Reduced time for query executions.
- Effective use of the data extracted.
- Data management is simplified for future usage.
The process involved:
As the process depends on the various business requirements, but below are the few steps one must consider or at least be prepared, who anticipates fast and effective data conversion:
- Prepare and assemble the data
- Cleanse it for the conversion to the vendor/in-house team
- Convert the data into a designated format
- Validation of data
- Load the data in a common portal
So, with the above brief explanation, now you can estimate the weather to opt for a vendor or build an in-house team for your conversion needs.
In case, if you want to choose to be in-house below tool types might help you to start with:
- Scripting tools that use Python or SQL scripts.
- On-premise ETL Tools will use the servers and native computing infra.
- Cloud-based ETL Tools will use the cloud data source.
In case you choose a vendor, then opt for the best in business. Apex Solutions Ltd is one of the best data conversion companies with 22 years of experience. It has a huge team, who can deliver large requirements.