What is LaTeX editor?
A LaTeX editor is a type of software that works seamlessly with TeX. It is a system that was developed by Donald Knuth. It is a set of macros that are built on top of TeX. It was developed by Leslie Lamport in the 1980s.
A LaTeX editor is software that enables you to write, edit, and publish your paper in LaTeX. It’s commonly used by people who are writing academic papers. The editors allow users to define the format of the text in advance, and once the content is put in place, the document is ready for export in various formats.
According to the study, out of the academic researchers, almost 19% of them use LaTeX to write their papers. It is quite astonishing to see how many people are using this writing technique.
Around 18% of researchers use LaTeX to draft their papers:
- Mathematics & Statistics: 92% Users
- Physics & Astronomy: 60% Users
- Computer Science: 45% Users
With over 500 editors worldwide, It has become the preferred method of publishing scholarly papers. This is also beneficial for the publishing community as it helps accelerate growth.
The main advantages of the LaTeX editors:
“Word processing tools” were never created for research writing. Instead, they are used for general purposes. After the arrival of LaTeX, a good part of the research society adopted it and gave it their main purpose of writing their manuscripts.
- Write first; format later: In LaTeX, the writing is segmented into two parts: formatting and writing. This means that the style of the document is consistent across all the elements.
- Flexibility: Since the launch of LaTeX, many packages and macros have been created to help users solve various problems. It is easy to search for expressions, and it can also generate regular expressions.
- Quality: LaTeX is widely considered to be the superior output quality to that of Word or any other word processing program. It can produce text with a high density of graphs and mathematical content.
- Platform Independent: Scripts are platform-independent and are not supported by other developers. Instead, they get their text files in a plain text format (.txt). It is also one of the most versatile file types available. All text editors can open text files.
And many more like Stability, Scalability, Cost, Publisher Friendly and, Auto-update Bibliography. Apex Solutions Ltd can go on and on but to know more contact us.