Most authors don’t make seasonal changes to their book marketing plans when it comes to holiday sales. This is a mistake many authors make, and it can be very profitable for them.
In the US, over 70% of consumers shop at least once a year. In other countries, over 80% of the population shops online.
The actual holiday season begins earlier and earlier each year, as it usually does in 2020, due to supply chain problems. This year, we expect the season to start earlier and earlier than usual.
In this post, We’ll walk you through some of the ways to get your share of holiday book sales. This is a great time to start planning your messaging so that you can take advantage of all the opportunities that can be found during the holiday season.
- Create Seasonal Advertising: Usually, authors like to run ads during the holiday season. However, as we get closer to the big day of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, ad pricing can get incredibly competitive. The least expensive option is to place an ad for Christmas Day.
- Plan Critical Shopping dates early: Many consumers start their holiday shopping earlier than Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Create Special Book Promotions marketing list: If your email list is already full of people who are not interested in hearing from you, then it’s time for you to start warming up. Send out a couple of emails with helpful information and maybe a nod to some of your upcoming holiday specials.
- Get your Website ready: Make sure that your store is ready for book sales. Also, consider doing special offers like free shipping or gift-wrapping. Doing these will help boost your book marketing efforts and make it stand out from the crowd.
- Create Unique eBook Promotions: ebook promotions are a great way to add to your holiday sales plan. They can be marked down by a dollar or more, so grab your spots early if you want to get them.
- Control Narratives of Sales: Your book’s description and marketing copy should always remind the customer why they should purchase it. For example, say that your book is for fans of characters from popular shows like ”X” or ”Y”.
- Give Rewards to your Loyal Fans: Treat your loyal readers who already know and like you to exclusive offers and discounts. This is a great way to build up your book marketing program.
Apart from that, also create eBook promotions and Sales narratives. To know more about book marketing services contact Apex Solutions LTD.