This list is compiled by the editors of Bestselling author magazines. Some exceptions, such as Robert Galbraith and Richard Bachman, have multiple pseudonyms. It has been believed that Captain Charles Johnson’s book was written by Daniel Defoe. However, since there has been no proof of Johnson, the work was always regarded as written by Defoe.
With more interesting facts about famous authors and the number of books sold, this list excludes religious works, and it doesn’t include titles that were previously on the best-selling books list. Let’s kick start.
- MAO ZEDONG’s UNTOLD BILLIONS: Mao Zedong is on our list of best-selling books, but he probably wouldn’t be on it without Quotations. According to Zhengyuan Fu, during the period from March 1966 to August 1976, over a billion volumes of Mao’s icons and symbols were printed.
- AGATHA CHRISTIE: HAS SOLD NEARLY 2 BILLION BOOKS: Christie has sold over 2 billion books globally. Which was one of the records that still holds a place in the Guinness book of records.
- BARBARA CARTLAND HAS SOLD OVER 600 MILLION: Barbara Cartland is a romance author whose total sales have been estimated to be around 600 million to a billion books. Barbara claimed to have written over 700 books and at times, writes up to 20 novels a year.
- CORÍN TELLADO: NEARLY 400 MILLION: Some people believe that Corn Tellago was a publishing house. She wrote over 4000 novels and was considered the best-selling author in Spanish history.
- SEUSS: SOLD BETWEEN 100 AND 650 MILLION: In 2001, a survey was conducted to determine the best-selling titles for children. Theodor Geisel, who is known for writing Green Eggs and Ham, came in at number four.
- CHARLES SCHULZ SOLD AT LEAST 300 MILLION: The problem with newspapers is that if someone writes an article a day and the newspaper has a circulation that big, it quickly adds up.
- EIICHIRO ODA HAS SOLD OVER 450 MILLION: Eiichiro Oda is the creator of One Piece, which has sold 450 million copies globally since 1997.
- JAMES PATTERSON HAS SOLD AROUND 300 MILLION: James Patterson is one of the world’s best-selling authors. He has been publishing since 2001.
- HORATIO ALGER SOLD UP TO 200 MILLION: Alger was a dime novel master. His stories centred on the rags-to-riches of American kids. He also included a presidential biography of Abraham Lincoln.
- LEO TOLSTOY SOLD OVER 400 MILLION: Tolstoy has a problem with statistics, as they are hard to come by. For instance, the common internet assumption that he has sold around 400 million copies is based on one line from a New York Times article in 1987.
So, That’s it for now, for more interesting stories, blogs, and facts please follow Apex Solutions Ltd.