Let’s understand first what is ePUB Format & Kindle Format
ePub is an electronic book format (eBook). it comes with a “.ePub” extension. It is an open standard for ebooks created by the International digital publishing forum(IDPF). EPUB came into the limelight as an XML-based ebook format designed for reflowable content. This Means EPUB content is resizable and will adapt to the device screen and rearrange whenever there is a change in font size. It is a complete file format compatible with all e-readers like Kindle, Sony Reader, Nook, Kobo, etc., and also has compatible software readily available in the market for smart devices like Tablets, Smartphones.
Kindle Fire is an eBook file format created and owned by Amazon that can be downloaded and read on devices like smartphones, tablets, computers, and e-readers. eBooks in the Kindle File Format originally had the file extension as “.azw”, later version 8 (KF8) introduced HTML5 & CSS3 features and have the .azw3 extension, and version 10 introduced a new typesetting and layout engine featuring hyphens, kerning, & ligatures and have the .kfx extension.
AZW file format based on Mobipocket, also known as the MOBI file format. Initially developed by French company Mobipocket as an eBook format and later in 2005 was acquired by Amazon. The latest Kindle formats such as AZW3, KF8, and KFX are based on MOBI and are an Amazon proprietary format, Exclusively used on Amazon Kindle devices.
One of the main reasons why AZW3 was preferred over MOBI format? It comes with improved performance and smaller file size occupancy. So you can load more and more books on your devices.
Below are the 4 easiest ways to convert an EPUB to Kindle format
|1||Desktop Software||Calibre E-Book Management Software||https://calibre-ebook.com/|
|2||Website – Online application||Online-Convert||https://ebook.online-convert.com/|
|3||iOS and Android App||File Converter App||Free, in-app purchases are available|
|4||Android App||Ebook Converter||Free, in-app purchases are available|
1. Calibre eBook Management is a free desktop software that comes with many great features for managing your e-book library and is ideal for converting any format to make it readable on your Amazon Kindle. You can quickly convert ePub to Kindle (AZW3) by following a few simple steps.
- Go to Calibre’s website and download the software based on your preferred operating system. You can choose anyone from Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. After downloading, Now install the program and launch it.
- Add the book you want to convert to your Calibre library. You can do this by dragging and dropping the file or by just clicking the Add Books button and targeting the file from your hard drive.
- Select the added book title from your Calibre library and click on the Convert Books button from the top menu bar.
- Now from the Convert Book menu, Choose the Output option as AZW3 from the drop-down. You can also change the title and customize it if required.
- Just click on the OK button at the bottom right of the screen and, the conversion process will initiate. The conversion of the book should only take a minute.
2. Online-Convert (Online Application) If you do not wish to download and install any software on your PC, you can simply use the online-convert e-book conversion tool which is easy to use and will convert any file type to either AZW3 or MOBI.
- Browse the website https://ebook.online-convert.com/ and click on Convert to AZW under the E-Book Converter option on the side menu.
- From the AZW3 file conversion page, You can drag and drop the book you want to convert into the green frame or click Select files from the target folder on your hard drive.
- Once the file is uploaded, click on the Start Conversion button.
- The conversion process completes in less than a minute. Once done, click the Download button to save the converted file to your PC.
3. File Converter App (Android and IOS App) The File Converter application can convert almost everything, starting from videos, images, documents, audio files, and your favourite e-book files too. Available for Android and iOS devices. The app can be downloaded free through Google Play and the Apple App Store. It is the most efficient way to convert your favourite e-book files with a mobile device.
- Download and open the File Converter app for Android or iOS.
- There are several conversion options to choose from in the main menu. Press the button labelled eBook Converter.
- From the eBook Converter menu, choose the first option, AZW3.
- You will be asked to input the type you wish to convert. Press on ‘File’ and find the book you want to convert on your device.
- After you have selected the file you want to convert, an overview menu opens. At the bottom of the page, you will find a large Start Conversion button. Press this button to initiate the conversion process.
- The entire conversion process can take from a few seconds to a few minutes, depending on the size of the file. Once the conversion process is done, you can click Save As and choose a folder to save the converted file.
4. eBook Converter (Android App) is an application that is available only for Android devices. The ideal purpose of this app is to convert any e-book files and accept commonly used e-book formats. The application is simple to use and creates AZW3 files for your Kindle device in no time.
- Download Ebook Converter for your Android device from the Google Play Store, And install the application.
- Add a file or files to convert and press the round pink + button at the bottom right corner of the application.
- The application opens a couple of different options. Press the File icon button to access the internal drive and navigate the file or files you wish to convert, select the file and click on the Add button.
- Once files are added, select the conversion menu at the top of the screen.
- Now select option Convert to AZW3. You can even add the author name, the book title, and the cover page to the converted e-book.
- Once the file gets converted, select the target folder from the device storage and save the converted file by clicking the Convert button.
- The conversion process will take a few minutes and the file get saved to the chosen location.
Conclusion All the methods mentioned above work very well when comes to converting any eBook format for reading on your Amazon Kindle. However, Caliber eBook Management is the most reliable conversion on the list. The software contains the book cover and can be downloaded to your Kindle at the push of a button.
Both the converter application and the e-book converter are ideal when you are on the go and need to use a mobile device. The Online-Convert website works amazingly if you wish to have a quick conversion without downloading software, then go for it. These tools can also be used to convert for a wide variety of other e-readers formats.